April 19, 2010

The List: Two in one

So I got two more on my list done.
I grew my hair out to a point where it hit the small of my back.  It was super long and really a pain in the butt to brush, straighten, or do anything with it.  It had become so heavy it wouldn't hold a curl or anything, so I had decided that I needed to cut it off. I had been talking about donating it to Locks of Love, since my mom did it last year. So I donated my hair.
I headed to the salon on Friday and cut off a 10" long pony tail.  In styling we took off another 3-4". It was traumatic, but it feel so much better to have short hair.  In styling 3 different colors of red were added as low light to give a little drama/depth to my ash-brown color. So I also got to check of getting my hair professionally colored.

The really funny thing is, that I've seen quite a few of the people in my circle this weekend (the weekend after I chopped it off) and they DIDN'T notice till I said something...I thought it was a pretty huge thing. Apparently not so much for them. Great. I like it, it looks good, and it feels great to not have my pony tail brushing on the back of my neck when I'm working out. Plus, short hair in Spring and Summer is great and much cooler.

No comments: