May 10, 2010

Exercise: Chuy's Hot to Trot

This 5k started at 8:15am down at the Chuy's on William Cannon. I got enough sleep this time, didn't remember to get to pick up my packet, and ate the WORST thing I possibly could the night before.
I didn't get my packet (my shirt and bib) before the run because RL's parents were in town so we were showing them around. I got into town about an hour and a half after they touched down on Thursday after working in Corpus Christi, and Friday we spent all day in Fredricksburg. The Chuy's is way south of our place, and we could have gotten it on the way back in from Fredricksburg, but I didn't even think about it. Thankfully it was only a shirt and my number, both of which I could put over the shirt I was wearing.
The food the night before was also a lesson learned because of what we ate. After coming back from Fredricksburg and resting for a bit we headed down to Driftwood and the Salt Lick.  Once there we had family style, all-you-can-eat BBQ and sides, which I know I could have gone easy on, but I haven't had BBQ in forever and so ate quite a bit! Again, this was Friday after having Oasis Fajitas on Thursday evening, and Weiner Schnitzel with potato salad and red cabbage for for lunch.  In Short, lots of meat, little veggies, and nothing entirely good for you.  Well Saturday morning, I was was feeling it, and it made the run a little difficult. Now I know to stick with lean protein and lots of veggies the night before.
I learn every time, now I just have apply.

No comments: