January 17, 2011

Life: Stay Positive

I have half a mind to make this a "poor me" post concerning my birthday dinner (people didn't show, didn't call...) but I'm not going to. If people want to completely ignore me, fine. It sucks, and hurts, but in the end I can't dwell on it. So in that vein, I'm going to elaborate on a few things that make me happy!

Let's start with Soft Soap:

I know, I know.  You're thinking "this girl has to be crazy to like soap."  I'm not crazy.  It's the smell that makes me happy.  It's a light kinda girly, clean smell.  It's not as harsh as, say, dial, and I like that there's no dye in it.  It's see through, I really like it when I can see through my soap.  Plus the aquarium design with the little fish always gets me.
*Warning, this gets long b/c I have pictures!*


Continuing on, we have these:
These are the Reebok Runtone shoes.  I already had the Easytone sandals, that I wear all the time, but I had been wanting these forever.  I got them after Christmas, when my mom noticed that I wasn't too happy with "my" tree that she had gotten for my office.  I wear them all the time now, even to the office sometimes.  I haven't seen results, but I can feel them.  They really do intensify your work out.
Next on the list is:

This pretty little ring is my Christmas gift from Rob this year!  It's a James Avery Remembrance Ring with a Garnet (my birthstone).  Originally he got me the peridot in a 10 because he wanted to get me something I could open on Christmas morning.  Unbeknownst to either of us, though, was that my finger was no longer a size 10.  It's now a size 9, 9 1/2. So, I had to get a smaller size, and even though the original stone was a peridot (which I did have on my list), I wanted my birthstone.   That's how I now have a beautiful garnet ring on my finger. Really anything from James Avery makes me happy, this specifically is what's holding my attention right now. 


Now this next one is probably one that I should have put up A LONG TIME AGO (sorry baby!) but this guy makes me happier than anything else I could put in this list. (It helps that some of the stuff that is on this list is from him...)
That's the guy! (I'm there too!) His name is Rob. We've been together for 5 years and are getting married in 2012!  We frustrate each other, we drive each other up a wall, I think he's a HUGE dork, but at the end of the day we love each other, and I don't think we've ever been really mad at each other for more than a few hours.  He makes me happier than I ever thought another person could and he's definitely my best friend. :D

Okay, enough mushy stuff:

I may have talked about this toy earlier, but honestly it does make me happy. I'm happiest in life curled up reading somewhere, and this little baby makes it less bulky.  Truthfully, the worst part of packing a carry on for me is fitting in the reading material that I wanted.  Now I just have to fit this very thin little puppy in there.

Speaking of packing to go:

Travel makes me happy.  Packing a bag and going somewhere I haven't been before makes me over the moon excited.  I've been very blessed to have had the opportunity to travel to Europe 3 times before the age of 25, along with interior Mexico and Canada. I'm working on the 50 states (I've added Massachusetts, Connecticut and Tennessee this year!), and continuing to explore the great state of TEXAS.  Honestly, if I could find a job that allowed me to travel around the world, I would take it in a heartbeat.  (I'm sure Rob wouldn't mind...right honey?...I'll bring you t-shirts!)

Speaking of travel:

This is my cousin Ruby.  I like to refer to her as my 5th birthday present.  She and I have the same birthday 5 years apart (she's the younger one).  This is a picture from when we traveled to London together with my Grandma.  She's is a wonderful person, and I get jealous of her because she seems to travel much more than me.  She's also still in school, where as I have to hold a 'grown-up' job.  That's neither here nor there, still I love her bunches and anytime I get to hang out with here makes me extremely happy.

Speaking of cousins:

This is Charly, my first cousin once removed, or niece as we call her because she's 3 and I'm almost 27.  She is just a little spit-fire and I love her to pieces.  She is my favorite

Speaking of Charlys:


This is my dad. His name is Charles (get it???).  I don't get along with him a lot of the time, but he's my daddy and I love him...he's also a pirate who's laying off the rum.

One last thing that make me happy:


BONES! I love this show! I love everything about this show.  I love the Kathy Reichs books that the series is based on, and I cannot wait till Thursdays for it to come back!  Spoilers and tidbits are driving me crazy.  I want Hannah to leave, though I hate that I love her, I want Bones and Booth to get together, I can't wait for the baby Hodgins to get here, and I think that Sweets and Daisy are sickeningly perfect for each other. Alright, I'm done.

Next time one item at a time, promise.

No comments: