May 2, 2010

Exercise: Bun Run

Well, I got more sleep than last time, but probably not enough still, haha. I did have a ride this time thanks to my darling boyfriend, and I remembered to pick up my packet before hand. Win.
The course was nice, we started going over the 1st street bridge then down the road for a while, then back up the road. The course was nice an flat, and the location was pretty, green, and quiet. 7:30 was a little early for me, but in the end there was cloud cover and wonderful views of the skyline. I really should plan an early Sunday morning to walk around down town to take pictures.
I also met a woman in the last leg of the race who was really nice.  She's had some hard times, but I'm so proud of her going and doing.  We both finished in under an hour (48 minutes for me) and were happy with that.  She's going to be doing the Chuy's Hot to Trot 5K on May 8th, so we exchanged numbers and hopefully we can meet up with each other. I only hope I can do better on that one that I did on this one.  That's all I aim for really.

No comments: