June 24, 2010

Reading: It's been a long while

It has been a while since I've blogged, but will not start doing what I was doing on my Vox...I will not just make a bulleted list of what's been going on since I last blogged.  Though it helps get my thoughts together.  It's been over a month so I really can't go through it all. Let's say that nothing on my list has been accomplished, but I have started on a book that I bought but hadn't started...I'm about 215 pages in to The Hour I First Believed by Wally Lamb. I truly love the author's voice and the way he treats each character.  His narrator's line of consciousness runs between his present, what he's remembering, and what he's reading.  It's very interwoven, but very easy to connect thought A and thought B.
This particular tome takes place around a teacher and the nurse's aid(fictional) from Columbine HS at the time immediately before, during, and after the infamous shooting.  He (the teacher) wasn't there because of the loss of a family member, but his wife(the nurse's aid) is hiding in the library during the ordeal.  At the point I'm at, the story is centering around how they interact with each other.  I become completely engrossed with the story and could read and read and read, but unfortunately I read when I can steal time and before I go to bed. So I'm taking to much time out of work, and getting to sleep rather late. Oh Well.
There are more things to blog, but I thing each should be it's own post...so that's it for the book review today.
Next I think I will be reading Dawn of the Dreadfuls which is the Prequel to Pride and Prejudice and Zombies  (which will be second on the list) after that I will continue the theme with Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters, then Android Karenina. As an English major I should balk at the irreverence, but I revel in it really, it's tongue in cheek and I LOVE it.

No comments: