December 27, 2010

Life: I'm Here, I'm Here

Wow, I am really bad at this whole blogging thing! So instead of trying to go through a huge catch up with what's happened between September and now (a deadline, a whole lot of nothing, a couple of family events, and some holidays nbd), I'm going to quickly note changes to my 101 list. YAY Progress!

12. Host a Game Night...really did this a long time ago. It was fun, but there are certain people in my circle who I don't enjoying playing board games with. They become quite rude, and also become disinterested if they do not choose the game or are not at the center of attention.

46. I have finished The Hour I First Believed and I am nearly done with Under the Banner of Heaven. The first, by Wally Lamb was amazing and I highly recommend it. The second, is an amazingly detailed and interesting look at the world of Mormon fundementalism and the history of their church. Thrown in is the very real details of a "God Divined" murder in 1984. Very well written, entralling book.

53. I've done 2 more 5k. I participated in Race for the Cure with my friend Jen Osmundsen, and I also walked the 5 mile Turkey Trot with my cousin Ruby and friend Alison. I know it's more than 5k, but I'm counting it! I really need to get back into the running and everything. I'm changing my fitness plan in the new year for budget reasons, but I am confident that all will work out. (bad pun I know...)

65. I did it, I got mom a massage for her birthday (which was in August, which should have been documented in September, and it may well have been) but since she technically didn't use it till October, I'm counting it now. She loved it and really needed it because she had pinched a nerve in her shoulder.

71. My library is finally organized in a way that suits me. It is divided into sections and grouped that way. Alphabetizing isn't happening because I honestly don't want to, and I never put them back in order that way anyway.  I need to go through and give some to Goodwill, because there are too many. There is a total of three 8' tall cases full of books! Not to mention the one in the hall or the books tucked around Rob's room.

78. I recently went to Nashville and Memphis to visit my girl Robin Ann...exptect a post with links very soon. I hope to return with Rob in the spring/summer.

81. Girl's Weekend at my condo was super fun! It happened in early mid August around the time that my cousin Ruby was visiting Texas.  Amber and I headed down to Corpus Christi, where Amber picked up Ruby and did the shopping while I did some work. Now these two bright, well educated ladies are two of the smartest people I know, but they still managed to mess up SIMPLE directions. I really don't know how. The weekend was full of chatting, exploring, laying out, and just having fun. I can still remember Tropical Cows, jamming out in the car and condo, and I have the Malibu bottle!  It will not be the last weekend there with the girls! I can't wait for the next!

89. My beautiful Orchid has staid alive for over 6 months...but I have a terrible feeling that she is no more from lack of water (I haven't been home and Rob forgets), and from the fact that Rob and I perfer not to use the heater, and she's right next to the glass of my window, which gets very cold.

That is the progress I have made. Now I'm off to pick up my little brother, regift some booze, and get Christmas presents from Grandma!

No comments: