April 17, 2011

Life: Please let that light not be a train!

My mom replied to an email from the pastor with the following "There's a light at the end of the tunnel, but I'm still not sure it's not a train."
This is how the weekend has been for her (and partly for me, though mine is a lot less intense being step one of three).  I am writing this at 9:45pm on a Sunday from my desk. Yes, I'm at work on a weekend, yes it's almost 10pm, and yes I'll probably not go to bed for a LONG time. Tomorrow is deadline day, and by putting in time today we have a chance of being out before midnight.
Bed will not be something I go to for a long while because I am wound up at the promise of getting to go HOME finally my bed with my baby and my cat. I'm way excited! The next two weeks promise: a hair cut, mani/pedi, lots of girl time, going to the movies, and a baseball game.  An example of what this is doing to me: I decided that 2:15am was the BEST time to organize and do 95% of my packing last night.  I spent the ensuing 45 minute packing up my clothes, planning outfits, and figuring out what was the absolute MINIMUM of things I could leave out to get through till Tuesday.  It was madness.
Tonight, I'm cleaning out my car. I need to. There is no way for me to justify it tomorrow with every one else working (I have to look busy). I'm going to get to it.
Has excitement ever made you do crazy things?

No comments: