June 22, 2011

My New Love-ah place

Dear Paper Source,
I Love You. I Love you ALOT.
You have introduced to several lovely, lovely things. (Many of which I can get somewhere else cheaper)
Most of these things I can find other places, but the things that I've learned there are things that I never thought I would be into, but oh my goodness, how did I not know about heat embossing till now???

Lets start from the beginning.
A few weeks ago, Erin introduced me to this wonderful little place.  In a "it's a small world" twist a girl who I was familiar with in HS (she was a year behind be and in my brother's class-I had to identify myself as "Adam's Sister"-I hate doing that) works there.  That day I purchased a K stamp and a R stamp along with some note cards and a lovely color of ink.  I also signed up for a class that they were holding the next weekend based on crafts found in:

Find it here
It was so much fun, and I met a wonderful lady, who is a photographer looking for creative client gifts.  She is lovely, and Australian.  I really enjoyed taking the class with her, and she had the BEST business cards! It's in a little envelope! Check out her website here: Little Boxes Photography

One of the most fun (and budget saving) things we learned was envelope lining-sounds stupid, I know, but it's amazing how much style can be added with some paper in an envelope.  So you use these lovelies (and some gorgeous paper/or personalized paper):
To change plain envelopes from plain Jane to luxury like this:
It's little things that you never think of, but it definitely makes an impact and gives the impression of things being more expensive than they really are.


In the class we made several crafts and got to play with lots of toys.  When I say toys, I mean crafting devises that are just amazing! At least to me.
Two are the amazing Xyron 510 and the smaller version the girls called the Baby X.  Check out these two babies:



Xyron 510


Baby X


Cute no?
They make STICKERS!! Cloth, paper, you name it.  Even more awesome? The Xyron 510 can make something a MAGNET.  You can practically see the gears turning in my head.  Actually you can go to this handy website here and get it cheaper with the laminate and the magnetic.  I can save us some major moolah DIYing our magnetic save the dates. Also making anything a sticker excites me. We also learned to play with this fun tool-(so much I bought it):

I know it doesn't look like much, but it heats up to emboss stamps making them look super snazzy. I also got some embossing powder and had the best idea ever.  There's a stamp ink called versa mark-it's basically a watermark stamp, which looks awesome embossed with metallic embossing powder. Look and see:

Between these three things and the stamps I have already purchased I'm having way to much fun. I have to have a level head when I go in there, because I could EASILY spend tons of money there.
My next purchase will be to get this lovey paper to put in a beautiful frame I found in clearance at Michael's as some Art until I find a lovely picture for it.
 

No comments: